Yields: 4 main-dish servings
Total Time: 25 min
- 12 ounce(s) whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 12 ounce(s) hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 pint(s) grape tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1/2 cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat large saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and cook as label directs, adding broccoli when 3 minutes of cooking time remain. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain pasta and broccoli.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice sausage on the diagonal. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage on medium 7 to 8 minutes or until it begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring.
- Stir pasta, broccoli, and 1/4 cup pasta cooking water into sausage mixture in skillet; heat through, adding additional cooking water if needed. Remove from heat; stir in basil and cheese.