Prep: 10 min.
Cook: 20 min.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 small head radicchio, halved lengthwise and cored
- 2 small bulbs fennel, cored and cut into 1/4-inch wedges, plus 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds
- 6 assorted baby bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces orecchiette (about 2 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Toss the radicchio, fennel wedges and bell peppers in a large bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes for the peppers and radicchio, 6 minutes for the fennel. Remove from the grill and let cool, then cut into small pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the label directs). Drain and rinse under cool water; shake off the excess. Transfer to a serving bowl. Add the grilled vegetables, cannellini beans, the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon juice, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; toss. Add the parmesan shavings and fennel fronds and toss gently. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours. (Bring to room temperature before serving.)