Servings # 2.
No of ingredients: 11.
Prep time: 25 Min.
Total time: 25 Min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 7 oz. firm or extra-firm tofu (from 14-oz. pkg.)
- 4 tablespoons purchased stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook rice in 1 1/3 cups water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, drain tofu; gently press between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Heat grill. In large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the stir-fry sauce and oil; mix well. Add tofu; mix gently to coat. Add broccoli, onions, carrots, mushrooms and snow pea pods; toss to coat. Spray grill basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- When ready to grill, place grill basket on gas grill over medium-high heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-high coals. Place tofu mixture in grill basket. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, tossing occasionally.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce and 1 tablespoon water; mix well. Place cooked vegetables in serving bowl. Add sauce mixture; toss to coat. Serve vegetables over rice.
- For this recipe, use a work-style grill basket. Its sloping sides and small holes keep small pieces of foods inside.
- To prepare this recipe on the stovetop, use a large nonstick skillet or wok sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Do not mix oil and stir-fry sauce. Heat sprayed skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Lift tofu out of stir-fry sauce and place in skillet or wok. Cook tofu 6 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides, turning carefully with pancake turner. Remove tofu from skillet or wok.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add broccoli, onions, carrots, mushrooms and snow peas; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return tofu to skillet. Add remaining stir-fry sauce and toss to coat tofu and vegetables.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2g,), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 1120mg; Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 7g,Sugars 10g), Protein 19g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:3 Starch;1 Fruit;4 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable;1 Fat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.