- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced, light green parts only
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh juice from about 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the corn and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn has charred slightly, about 5 minutes.
Add the corn to a serving bowl and mix with the jalapeno, scallions, tomatoes, mint leaves, lime juice, and extra-virgin olive, and season to taste. Set aside.
Wipe out the same skillet and add the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Season fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish skin side down and until the skin is crisp, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until just cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Serve with the corn salad.