Veggies with the simple additions of kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil taste incredible when grilled. They’ll probably need more salt than you think, so don’t be shy! You can use any combination of the following veggies and even cook them in a frying pan instead of grilling if you want.
PREP: 20 mins.
COOK: 10 mins.
READY IN: 30 mins.
- Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound whole button mushrooms
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine zucchinis, green bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Pour olive oil over vegetables and toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables on preheated grill until lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side.