PREP TIME: 15 min.
TOTAL TIME: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 unpeeled waxy potatoes, each quartered lengthwise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped if desired (optional)
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking over high heat [500º F (260ºC)].
- Combine the oil and garlic in a large flameproof roasting pan. Place the pan on the grill grate, close the lid, and let it heat until the oil begins to shimmer, about 2 minutes. Carefully add the potatoes to the pan and gently stir to coat with the oil. Close the lid and “grill” the potatoes, keeping the lid closed except to occasionally turn the potatoes with a thin metal spatula, until they’re golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Season the potatoes to taste with salt and pepper and, if desired, a sprinkle of rosemary. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a bowl or platter and serve hot.