Servings # 6.
No of ingredients: 14.
Prep time: 30 Min.
Total time: 30 Min.
- 8 oz. (3 cups) uncooked rigatoni (large tubular pasta)
- 1 (1-lb.) eggplant, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Gouda cheese
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook rigatoni to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat grill. In large bowl, combine eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper and onion. Add rosemary, lemon peel, garlic, salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice; toss to coat. Cut 24×18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil. Place vegetables in center of foil. Wrap packet securely using double-fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion.
- When ready to grill, place packet, seam side down, on gas grill over medium-high heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-high coals. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning packet once halfway through cooking and adding tomatoes after 4 to 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Open packet carefully to allow steam to escape. Add hot cooked vegetables to cooked rigatoni; toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, garnish with additional rosemary sprigs.
1 Serving (1 1/2 Cups) Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4g,), Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 340mg; Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 6g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:2 Starch;2 Other Carbohydrate;1 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.