YIELD: 4 as a side
ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Grill
Ingredients of Zucchini with Parmesan and Garlic Chili Oil:
- 4 medium zucchini, washed and split in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup garlic chili oil
Type of fire: direct
Grill heat: high
Directions for Zucchini with Parmesan and Garlic Chili Oil:
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover gill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Brush zucchini all over with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, cut side down, and cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip zucchini and top each with Parmesan cheese. Cover grill and continue cooking until zucchini is softened and cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Remove zucchini to platter. Let cool for 3 to 5 minutes, then drizzle with garlic chili oil and serve.