Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Yield: 4 Servings
Ingredients of Vegetable-Stuffed Grilled Portobellos:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme, marjoram and basil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 5 small carrots, halved lengthwise and cut in half
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
Directions for Vegetable-Stuffed Grilled Portobellos:
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and herbs. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add mushrooms; seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain vegetables and discard marinade. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place remaining vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Spread cheese over mushrooms; top with vegetables.
Editor’s Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 350 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.