Turn freezer waffles into dinner sandwiches. If you don’t have a countertop grill, cook the panini the same way you’d cook grilled cheese sandwiches in a skillet.
30 minutes or fewer.
- 8 (1- to 1.5-oz.) Italian soy sausages, such as Morningstar Farms
- ⅓ cup apricot jam
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp. freshly chopped thyme, or ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 frozen multigrain waffles, such as Van’s
- 4 Tbs. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- 4 slices Gruyère cheese (about 3/8-inch thick and 3 ½-inches square)
- Heat countertop or stovetop grill. Cook sausage in microwave according to package directions, slice in half lengthwise, then cut each slice in half. Combine jam, mayonnaise, thyme, and black pepper in bowl.
- Toast waffles according to package directions. Spread 1 Tbs. jam mixture on each waffle. Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes over 4 waffles, and top with arugula. Top with cheese and soy sausages, then the 4 remaining waffles.
- Coat heated grill with cooking spray. Grill sandwiches 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Cut in half, and serve.
- Calories: 495
- Protein: 23 g
- Total Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
- Sodium: 862 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Sugar: 17 g