Prep Time: 3 mins.
Cook Time: 4 mins.
Ingredients Sweet & Salty Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 2 slices fresh bread, good quality
- 6 -8 slices sharp cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 -4 dates, halved and pitted
- butter or mayonnaise
Directions Sweet & Salty Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- Spread a THIN coat of butter or mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- On unbuttered side, layer cheese and dates.
- Cover with the second slice, buttered side out.
- Preheat a frying pan on med-high heat.
- Place sandwich in pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until golden and cheese has melted enough that you can flip it without everything slipping out.
- Flip over, flatten with spatula if desired.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.