Servings # 6.
Number of ingredients: 10.
Prep time: 30 Min.
Total time: 30 Min.
Ingredients of Spicy Chipotle Grilled Vegetables:
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1-inch slices (2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 8 oz baby pattypan squash, cut in half
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
Directions for Spicy Chipotle Grilled Vegetables:
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, place garlic, oil, salt, zucchini, bell pepper, asparagus and squash; seal bag and toss to coat. Place vegetables in grill basket (grill “wok”).
- Place grill basket on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together chile, orange peel and orange juice; set aside.
- In large bowl, toss cooked vegetables with orange juice mixture. Serve warm.
- Kosher salt has larger grains than ordinary table salt and contains no additives.
- The spicy, fresh flavors of these veggies work nicely with just about any grilled meat. Try it with grilled burgers or chicken drumsticks.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 480mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 6g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:0 Starch;0 Fruit;1/2 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1 1/2 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;0 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:1; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.