Total Time: 16 mins.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 6 mins.
- 3 slices cinnamon-swirl bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons neufchatel cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried apricot (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Butter outsides of 2 of the pieces of cinnamon bread and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut milk and grand marnier. Brush BOTH SIDES of 1 slice of bread (The one with no butter) with this mixture. Let soak while preparing the cheeses.
- In a separate bowl, mix the chopped white chocolate with the mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar- set aside.
- In another bowl mix the Neufchatel, honey, chopped dried apricots, marmalade and pinch of cinnamon.
- Spread the first mixture (white chocolate/mascarpone)onto inside of 1 of the dry pieces of cinnamon bread and sandwich it together with the soaked piece.
- Take the remaining dry piece of bread and spread the second mixture (neufchatel/apricot mixture)onto the inside- sandwiching it to the other side of the soaked piece. each cheese mixture will be sandwiching either side of the soaked piece.
- Place sandwich into a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is starting to melt and bread is browning. flip and press firmly- cook an additional 3 min or until chocolate has melted and undersides of bread are browned. Flip one more time and press firm- let sit 30 sec. Remove from heat and let sit 2 minutes, slice diagonally and garnish with a light dusting of powdered sugar.