Prep 25 mins.
Grill 17 mins.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 of a small eggplant (about 6 oz.)
- 1 small zucchini (about 4 oz.)
- 1 small fennel bulb (about 6 oz.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 16 ounce tube plain refrigerated cooked polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- Peel the eggplant, if desired. Slice the eggplant, zucchini, and fennel crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. In a small bowl combine the oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Brush the vegetables with about half of the oil mixture, reserving remaining oil mixture for the polenta.
- Preheat an open indoor electric grill on high setting, if available. Arrange half the vegetables on the grill rack. Grill 6 to 8 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender and grill marks appear, turning once. Remove vegetables from grill rack or pan; set aside. Repeat with remaining vegetables. Brush the polenta slices with reserved oil mixture. Place the polenta slices on the grill rack. Grill 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat the undrained tomatoes until boiling. Add the grilled vegetables. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, place 3 polenta slices in each shallow bowl or on each dinner plate; spoon the vegetable mixture over the polenta.
Prepare vegetables and oil mixture as above in Step 1. Preheat a grill pan on the range top over medium-high heat. Grill half of the vegetables as in Step 2; repeat with remaining vegetables. Use the grill pan to grill brushed polenta slices as above in Step 2. Continue with Step 3 and serve as directed above.
Nutrition facts (Quick Grilled Herbed Ratatouille and Polenta)
Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 275, Fat, total (g) 14, sat. fat (g) 2, Monosaturated fat (g) 10, carb. (g) 33, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, fiber (g) 13, sugar (g) 7, pro. (g) 6, vit. A (IU) 146, vit. C (mg) 14, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 20, sodium (mg) 1247, Potassium (mg) 277, calcium (mg) 40, iron (mg) 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.