Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Yield: 2 Servings
Ingredients of Portobello-Gouda Grilled Sandwiches:
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
Directions for Portobello-Gouda Grilled Sandwiches:
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Place cheese on two bread slices; top with mushrooms, tomato and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 498 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 984 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
A famous semi-firm creamy yellow Dutch cheese that can be mild or pungent in flavor. Gouda is usually found wrapped in a red wax rind and often served as a dessert cheese with fruit, on sandwiches, with wine or on cheese platters.