Makes: 4 servings.
Prep: 15 mins.
Marinate: 10 mins.
Grill: 3 mins.
Ingredients of Piquant Grilled Broccoli and Olives:
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 2 ounce can anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano or Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- dash salt
Directions for Piquant Grilled Broccoli and Olives:
- In a large saucepan bring a small amount of water to boiling; add broccoli. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes; drain. In a medium bowl combine broccoli and olives. For marinade, in a small bowl whisk together anchovies (if desired), oregano, vinegar, oil, garlic, red pepper, and salt. Pour over broccoli and olives; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease the rack of an indoor electric grill or lightly coat with cooking spray. Preheat grill. Drain broccoli and olives, discarding marinade. On 6-inch skewers, alternately thread broccoli and olives, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
- Place kabobs on the grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid. Grill until broccoli is light brown and tender. (For a covered grill, allow 3 to 4 minutes, giving kabobs a quarter turn once halfway through grilling. For an uncovered grill, allow 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly.) Remove broccoli and olives from skewers. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition facts (Piquant Grilled Broccoli and Olives):
Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 91, Fat, total (g) 8, sat. fat (g) 1, carb. (g) 6, fiber (g) 3, pro. (g) 3, vit. A (RE) 134, vit. C (mg) 71, sodium (mg) 125, calcium (mg) 40, iron (mg) 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet