- 1 large pineapple, skinned, cored, and cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed, finely chopped cilantro
- 2 small limes, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over the charcoal grate. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place the pineapple slices, bell pepper, and jalapeño on the grill.
- Cook the pineapple until lightly browned on both sides, about 2 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill, chop medium, and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Cook the peppers until completely charred all over. Remove from the grill to a paper or Ziploc bag and seal. When the peppers are cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes, remove their skins and chop the red pepper medium and the jalapeño finely. Add to the bowl with the pineapple.
- Add the onion, cilantro, and lime juice to bowl and toss until well combined. Season with salt to taste and serve.