Grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches are sure to get your kids excited about breakfast.
Servings: 8 servings.
Total Time: 30 mins.
- 1/2 cupreduced-fat or regular peanut butter
- 8 1/2-inchslices French bread
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cupmilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves or jam (any flavor)
- Spread peanut butter evenly onto one side of each slice of bread. Drizzle honey over the peanut butter. Cut each banana in half lengthwise and then cut in half crosswise (8 pieces total). Arrange 2 banana pieces on 4 of the prepared bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, peanut butter-sides down.
- In a shallow bowl combine eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Carefully dip sandwiches into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or on a large griddle over medium heat. Cook sandwiches in hot butter about 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat fruit preserves over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently. To serve, cut warm sandwiches in half crosswise. Drizzle with warm fruit preserves. Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: Calories 302, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 58 mg, Sodium 323 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%. Exchanges: Fruit 1, Starch 2, Medium-Fat Meat .5, Fat 1. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet