Yield: Makes 6 servings.
- 1 10 1/2-ounce jar feta cheese cubes in oil with herbs and spices
- 3 bell peppers (1 yellow, 1 orange, and 1 red), seeded, cut into 3/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 large red onion, halved through root end, cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges with some root left intact
- 1 12-ounce package cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 pound castellane (long oval shells) or penne pasta
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Drain all marinade from feta cheese into large bowl. Add bell pepper strips, onion wedges, and cherry tomatoes to marinade in bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Thread cherry tomatoes on skewers. Grill all vegetables until tender and slightly charred, about 15 minutes for onion wedges, 10 minutes for bell pepper strips, and 5 minutes for cherry tomatoes. Return vegetables to same bowl. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano; toss to blend.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally; drain.
Add pasta and feta cheese to bowl with grilled vegetables; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oregano and serve.