Cook: 25 min.
Yield: 6 Servings.
Ingredients of Onion-Basil Grilled Vegetables:
- 3 medium ears fresh corn, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions for Onion-Basil Grilled Vegetables:
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.