Preparation and cooking times:
Cook 30 mins.
- ½ small sweet potato or 3 medium carrots
- 1 medium courgette
- 100g baby leeks , or small ones split in half, or thick asparagus stems
- 1 small red pepper , seeded, cored and quartered
- 8 baby baby corn
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nut or sunflower seeds, to serve
- vinaigrette and soy sauce, to splash over
- Cut the sweet potato or carrots into 1cm-thick slices. Put in a pan with enough water to cover, boil for 2 mins, then drain.
- Heat the grill until hot. Line the rack with foil. Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then halve again for quarters. Slash the flesh in a criss-cross pattern.
- Line up the potato or carrots, courgettes (cut-side up) and leeks and/or asparagus in the grill pan and brush with oil. Season, then grill on one side for 3-5 mins until browned and just softened – no need to turn. As they cook, remove to a heatproof dish.
- Place the remaining vegetables and mushrooms (skin-side up) on the foil, brush with oil, season and cook for about 3-5 mins until softened and browned. Place in the dish and trickle over any cooking juices. Scatter over the nuts or seeds and return the dish to the grill for a minute or two so they lightly toast. Drizzle with a little vinaigrette and soy sauce just before serving.
Make it a main meal:
- To turn this recipe into a main vegetarian meal, grill slices of halloumi or smoked tofu.
Nutrition per serving:
326 kcalories, protein 6.0g, carbohydrate 18.0g, fat 26.0 g, saturated fat 4.0g, fibre 6.0g, sugar 1.0g, salt 0.62 g.