Makes 6 (2/3-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients of Mixed Vegetable Grill:
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
Directions for Mixed Vegetable Grill:
- Mix brown sugar, basil, salt, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl. Drizzle oil over vegetables in large bowl; toss to coat well. Add seasoning mixture; toss to coat well.
- Place vegetables in grill basket, grill rack or thread onto skewers.
- Grill over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwich: Layer grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella cheese and arugula on ciabatta bread or other rustic Italian bread.
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 413 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g