Ingredients of Mixed grill with mozzarella:
- 2 red capsicums
- Olive oil, to brush
- 2 x 200g balls of fresh mozzarella (buffalo or fior di latte: see Notes)
- 2 tbs basil or flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbs basil pesto
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Directions for Mixed grill with mozzarella:
- Preheat the grill to high. Slice each eggplant crossways into four thick rounds, discarding ends. Cut four ‘walls’ from each capsicum, discarding core and seeds. Brush eggplant and capsicum (skinside up) with oil and grill for 10 minutes, then turn eggplant only and grill for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain mozzarella and cut into eight slices. Stack a slice of mozzarella and capsicum on each slice of eggplant. Heat under grill for 30 seconds or until mozzarella is just melting.
- Place 4 stacks on top of the other 4 stacks, then scatter with basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix pesto with the extra virgin olive oil. Drizzle stacks with pesto oil and serve.