Serves 4 to 6
Ingredients of Mixed Green Salad with Grilled Scallions, Mango, and Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. minced Serrano chile (including seeds)
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large bunches scallions (6 oz.), trimmed
- 5 oz. (5 cups) mixed baby greens
- 1 large mango, peeled, cut from pit, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
Directions for Mixed Green Salad with Grilled Scallions, Mango, and Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette:
- Prepare a medium-high gas or charcoal grill fire or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, cilantro, Serrano, and a pinch of salt. Gradually whisk in the 1/4 cup of oil.
- Toss the scallions with the remaining 1 Tbs. of oil and 1/2 tsp. salt. Grill the scallions until tender and lightly charred all over, 4 to 6 minutes. Cool slightly, then slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl toss the greens with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Add the scallions, mango, and peanuts. Toss and serve.
Nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 200; Fat (g): 16; Fat Calories (kcal): 140; Saturated Fat (g): 2.5; Protein (g): 4; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 10; Carbohydrates (g): 14; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 2.5; Sodium (mg): 150; Cholesterol (mg): 0; Fiber (g): 3;