Called elote in Mexico, where it’s a popular street food, this grilled corn on the cob is slathered in a smoky, zesty mayonnaise and then rolled in crumbly, slightly salty Cotija cheese. Mexican-style chili powder is a hotter version of regular chili powder.
Ingredients of Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob:
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbs. Mexican-style chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (or ricotta salata)
- Lime wedges, for serving
Directions for Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob:
- Prepare a high gas or charcoal grill fire. Grill the corn, turning frequently with tongs, until charred in spots, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder, and lime zest. Put the Cotija on a small plate. Spread each ear of corn with 1 Tbs. of the mayonnaise and then roll in the cheese to coat. Sprinkle with kosher salt and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the corn.
Nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 240; Fat (g): 17; Fat Calories (kcal): 160; Saturated Fat (g): 5; Protein (g): 6; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 3; Carbohydrates (g): 17; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 6; Sodium (mg): 480; Cholesterol (mg): 20; Fiber (g): 2;