Makes: 8 servings.
Prep: 15 mins.
Marinate: 20 mins.
Chill: 1 hr.
Grill: 5 mins.
Ingredients of Marinated Grilled Corn with Chili-Avocado Butter:
- 8 fresh corn
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 8 ounce bottle light Italian salad dressing
- 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chili powder (optional)
Directions for Marinated Grilled Corn with Chili-Avocado Butter:
- Remove husks and silks from corn. Snap each ear of corn crosswise into 2 or 3 pieces. Set a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag in a large, shallow bowl; place corn and tomato pieces in bag. Pour in salad dressing. Seal bag and let vegetables stand for 20 minutes or refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag once or twice.
- Meanwhile, slightly mash the avocado with a fork in a cup or small bowl. Stir in the butter, the 1 teaspoon chili powder or ground red pepper, and the salt. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove corn from marinade. Insert skewer into cut end of each piece of corn by pressing each piece firmly against the preparation surface. Use a turning motion to carefully twist the skewers down the center of the corn cob. Sprinkle each corn skewer with additional chili powder, if desired.
- Place corn on the rack of the grill directly over medium-high heat. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve corn with chili-avocado butter and the marinated tomatoes on the side.
Nutrition facts (Marinated Grilled Corn with Chili-Avocado Butter):
Servings Per Recipe 8, cal. (kcal) 308, Fat, total (g) 25, chol. (mg) 49, sat. fat (g) 12, carb. (g) 23, fiber (g) 5, pro. (g) 4, vit. A (IU) 1506, vit. C (mg) 17, sodium (mg) 325, calcium (mg) 10, iron (mg) 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet