- 3 or 4 leeks, split, trimmed and cleaned
- Dark Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese spicy mustard
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Leeks with Asian Vinaigrette:
- Heat grill to high heat. While the grill is heating, brush leeks lightly with sesame oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill leeks, turning occasionally, until nicely browned all over and very tender, 5 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the leeks just before serving. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.