Ingredients of Jerk veggies and tofu with grilled pineapple:
For the seasoning
- 2 small habañero peppers, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the veggies and tofu
- 2 large zucchini, sliced and cut into wedges
- 2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large white onion, cut into wedges
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 ounces House Foods Organic Tofu Extra Firm, drained and patted dry with paper towel, sliced 1/4-inch thick, then cut into cubes.
- 8 pineapple rings
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions for Jerk veggies and tofu with grilled pineapple:
For the seasoning
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is a paste consistency. Set aside.
For the vegetables and tofu
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and turn on your oven broiler.
- Brush the seasoning onto all the veggies and one side of the tofu.
- Place the tofu on a baking sheet, seasoned side up.
- Thread the onion wedges on metal skewers and place the tomatoes, zucchini and potatoes in a grill basket.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on both sides of the pineapple slices.
- Grill the onions for about 10-15 minutes, turning so they don’t burn, then the tomatoes, zucchini and potatoes for about five minutes.
- Remove when done and cover with foil to keep warm. Turn off grill.
- Add the pineapple slices to the hot grill and cook for about a minute on each side, just so grill marks appear.
- Meanwhile, broil the tofu for about four minutes, then flip the pieces and broil for another four minutes.
- Serve with the pineapple slices on the side.