Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Ingredients of Jamaican Grilled Sweet Potatoes:
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices (about 2 large)
Directions for Jamaican Grilled Sweet Potatoes:
- Prehat grill for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ginger, and 1 Tbsp of the butter; mix well.
- Stir in molasses, pineapple juice, almond extract and cilantro; set aside.
- Melt the rmaining butter and brush both sides of cut potato slices.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon the molasses mixture evenly over cooked potato slices and serve.
- When preparing outside, I use my pizza crisper pan to place sweet potatoes on and baste them lightly with sauce during cooking process.