PREP TIME: 10 Min.
TOTAL TIME: 27 Min.
Ingredients of Italian Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad:
- 1 small zucchini or yellow summer squash , cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mushroom
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1 package classic pasta salad mix
- 1/3 cup cold water
Directions for Italian Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad:
- Toss zucchini, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and dressing in large bowl until well coated.
- Brush grill rack lightly with vegetable oil, or spray with cooking spray. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Place vegetables on grill, using slotted spoon. Grill uncovered 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, turning once and brushing with remaining dressing in bowl, until crisp-tender. Refrigerate vegetables uncovered in single layer while making pasta.
- Empty Pasta mix into 3-quart saucepan 2/3 full of boiling water. Gently boil uncovered 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using same bowl with any remaining dressing, stir together Seasoning mix and cold water; set aside. Drain pasta; rinse with cool water. Shake to drain well. Cut grilled vegetables in half if desired; stir vegetables and pasta into seasoning mixture. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
- You can serve this salad as a meatless main dish.
- Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray before heating grill. This will reduce the chance for injury from fire.
Italian Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad