Mmmm… mozzarella! Try this grilled cheese sandwich with the Italian twist! If you haven’t tried it before, pesto is one of the best condiments to use on a hot sandwich. Instead of cooking the sandwiches in a skillet, you can use your panini press just as easily. This recipe is from a Canadian cheese magazine. Enjoy!
Total Time: 25 mins.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
Ingredients of Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Panini):
- 4 panini bread
- 6 1/2 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 2 grilled bell peppers, sliced (from the jar or homemade)
Directions for Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Panini)::
- Slice paninis in half. Spread pesto onto each half.
- Evenly distribute both cheeses and peppers on four bottom halves and top with four top halves.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook sandwiches approximately 5 minutes on each side while applying pressure to flatten them.
- Sandwich is ready when bread is browned and cheese is melted.