Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Ingredients of hummus-filled roasted vegetables:
- 1 small zucchini (6-inch)
- 1 small yellow summer squash (6-inch)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, quartered
Directions for hummus-filled roasted vegetables:
- Heat closed medium-size contact grill for 5 minutes or to 375 degrees F. Cut zucchini and summer squash in half lengthwise; with spoon, scoop out seeds and discard. Cut around stem of bell pepper to remove stem and seeds; cut bell pepper into quarters.
- Brush both sides of zucchini, squash and bell pepper pieces with oil; place on both sides of grill–do not close grill. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until vegetables are tender. Remove from grill; let stand 2 minutes. Cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons hummus onto each vegetable piece. Sprinkle with cheese; top each with 1 olive piece. Serve warm or cold.
Per serving: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g); Protein 2g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%. Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 0 Medium-Fat Meat; 1 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet