Prep 10 mins.
Grill 15 mins.
Stand 8 mins.
- 1 pound potatoes (russet or long white), cut diagonally into 1/16-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or seasoned salt
- Place potato slices in a Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover. Bring just to boiling. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender; drain. Place in a single layer on paper towels. Carefully brush both sides of potato slices with cooking oil. Sprinkle with thyme and salt.
- Preheat gas grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place potato slices on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Let stand on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes. (Chips will crisp as they stand.) Makes 4 servings.
Charcoal Grilling Method:
Grill seasoned, precooked potatoes on grill rack over medium coals for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve as above.
Nutrition facts (Grillside Potato Chips)
Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 209, Fat, total (g) 10, sat. fat (g) 1, carb. (g) 27, fiber (g) 1, pro. (g) 3, vit. C (mg) 17, sodium (mg) 276, calcium (mg) 10, iron (mg) 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet