Servings # 4.
Number of ingredients: 7.
Prep time: 20 Min.
Total time: 20 Min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 small zucchini (5×1 inch), cut in half lengthwise
- 4 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise, seeded
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix olive oil and cumin. Add zucchini and tomatoes; sprinkle with thyme, rosemary and salt. Toss gently to coat.
- Place vegetables, cut sides up, on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes. Turn vegetables over; cook 5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Grilling is one of the simplest ways to prepare veggies. Just mix with a little olive oil and grill. The heat from the grill draws out the natural sugars in the vegetables, softening and mellowing them to perfect tenderness. Another bonus—you can change their flavor almost as quickly as you change your mind.
- After grilling, sprinkle 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese over zucchini and tomatoes.
- Omit cumin, thyme and rosemary. Drizzle zucchini and tomatoes with olive oil; sprinkle with 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped. Grill as directed. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil leaves, and drizzle with 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar.
- Serve the vegetables on a pretty platter, and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:0 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.