Yields: 4 sandwiches.
Total Time: 45 min.
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup(s) soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme leaves
- 1 dash(es) of hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 long soft baguette, split
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup(s) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- In a skillet, cook the garlic and shallot in the vegetable oil over low heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a mini food processor; add the goat cheese, cream, thyme, and hot sauce and puree. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse out the food processor. Add the olives, mint, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and a pinch of pepper; process to a paste.
- Preheat a grill pan. Brush the zucchini with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning, until tender.
- Keep the grill pan hot. Spread the goat cheese on the bottom half of the baguette and top with the zucchini, red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes. Spread the olive paste on the top half. Quarter the sandwich and grill, pressing with a skillet and turning once, until hot; fill with lettuce and serve.
Tips & Techniques:
The sandwiches can be made through Step 3 and refrigerated overnight.