Prep: 30 min.
Cook: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings, serving size: 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 red bell pepper cored and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 eggplant (about 1 pound), cut across into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a tray or work surface. Lightly spray both sides with olive oil cooking spray. Preheat a grill or grill pan over a medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables in batches until both sides are nicely charred and the vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes for the pepper, about 8 minutes for the eggplant and onion, and about 6 minutes for the zucchini. When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Pour over the vegetables and toss. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the tomatoes and mint. Divide the salad between 4 plates and sprinkle with the feta.
Calories 275; Total Fat 22 g; (Sat Fat 5 g, Mono Fat 13 g, Poly Fat 2 g) ; Protein 6 g; Carb 18 g; Fiber 7.5 g; Cholesterol 17 mg; Sodium 230 mg.
Excellent source of: Fiber, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Folate, Manganese, Potassium.
Good source of: Protein, Thiamin, Vitamin K, Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus.