Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 6 Servings
Ingredients of Grilled Vegetable Ranch Salad:
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
Directions for Grilled Vegetable Ranch Salad:
- Slice the squash, zucchini and red onion; cube the eggplant and cut the red pepper into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; add the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, oregano and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, dressing mix, garlic salt and pepper. Divide salad greens among six serving plates; top with grilled vegetables. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
1 cup salad greens with 1 cup vegetables and 8 teaspoons dressing equals 194 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.