- 5 c. vegetables (squash, onions, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.)
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped tomato
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 T. chopped fresh herbs (basil and thyme are nice)
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- Cut the vegetables into bite-size pieces or leave them whole, depending on their shape. (For example, you’d want to chop up zucchini but not so much the cherry tomatoes.) Place them in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients, pour the marinade over the vegetables and stir to coat. Refrigerate.
- Sit on the beach and have a few beers, allowing the vegetables to marinate for several hours (anywhere from 1 to 24 hours of marinating will do).
- Thread the vegetables onto bamboo or metal skewers. If you’re using bamboo skewers, it’s a good idea to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes so they don’t catch on fire when you put them on the grill.
- Grill the kabobs over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, turning once.