Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: Makes 1 quart
Ingredients of grilled tomatoes:
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
Directions for grilled tomatoes:
- Heat grill to high. In a bowl, toss tomatoes with oil and thyme; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Starting with cut sides down, grill tomatoes until soft and charred, 8 to 12 minutes per side.
- Return to bowl; cut into rough pieces with kitchen shears.