Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Ingredients of Grilled Tofu With Chili Lime Marinade:
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained
- peanut oil, for grilling
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 scallions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions for Grilled Tofu With Chili Lime Marinade:
- Slice tofu in half lengthwise, then cut each half into two long strips, approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lay tofu strips in a shallow pan and pour marinade over, turning tofu to coat. Marinade for at least 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Heat oil in grill or nonstick pan over high heat. Sear tofu on each side until browned and heated through, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.