Zesty bottled barbecue sauce deliciously coats tender potatoes, bell pepper and onion.
Servings # 8
Number of ingredients: 10
Prep time: 15 Min
Ingredients of Grilled Three-Potato Medley:
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 small Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium dark-orange sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
Directions for Grilled Three-Potato Medley:
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Place all potato pieces in shallow microwavable dish. Cover with microwavable plastic wrap, folding back one edge or corner 1/4 inch to vent steam. Microwave on High 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once after 4 minutes, until tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix barbecue sauce, lemon juice, oil, sage and salt in medium bowl. Stir in potatoes, bell pepper and onion. Place in grill basket.
- Cover and grill vegetables 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- The trio of colors and textures of the potatoes is a wonderful medley. Russet potatoes or other varieties may be substituted for the Yukon gold potatoes.
- Sage has long been used for medicinal purposes as well as for cooking. This pungent herb with its musty aroma is a nice complement to the homey earthy potatoes.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g,), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 215mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:1 Starch;1 Other Carbohydrate; Carbohydrate Choices:2; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.