Servings # 2.
Number of ingredients: 8.
Prep time: 25 Min.
- 1/2 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® Niblets® frozen whole kernel corn (from 12 oz bag)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 frozen vegetable burgers
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (6 inch), cut in half to form pockets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-quart saucepan, mix corn, bell pepper, vinegar, chili powder and cumin. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Cover and grill burgers over medium heat 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until heated through.
- Cut burgers in half. Place each burger half in pita bread pocket. Top with corn mixture and sour cream.
- To complete this meal, serve these Tex-Mex burgers with a hearty side salad topped with low-fat dressing.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 930mg; Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 10g), Protein 18g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:3 Starch;0 Fruit;1/2 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;0 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;1 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;0 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:3;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.