This recipe calls for roasting and grinding dried chiles, but if you want to skip the first two steps, substitute chipotle chile powder. The Chipotle-Lime Butter will keep up to a week in the fridge and can be used on bread or baked sweet potatoes.
Ingredients of Grilled Sweet Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter:
- 4 dried chipotle chiles or 1 ½ Tbs. chipotle chile powder
- ¼ cup grated lime zest
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ lb. salted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 8 ears corn
Directions for Grilled Sweet Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast dried chipotles on baking sheet 5 to 7 minutes, or until puffy and crisp. Cool.
- Remove tops of chiles and discard seeds. Grind chipotles down to fine powder using mortar and pestle or coffee grinder.
- Combine chipotle chile powder with lime zest, salt, and butter in medium bowl; mix well with electric mixer. Transfer to 1-cup serving bowl, smoothing surface with spatula or knife. Chill.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Remove all but 1 layer of husk from each corn ear. Trim silk from ends.
- Grill corn 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Peel off remaining husk and silk. Serve with Chipotle-Lime Butter.
Per 1 ear corn with 2 tsp. butter:
- Calories: 157
- Protein: 4 g
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 7 g