Servings # 6.
Number of ingredients: 13.
Prep time: 35 Min.
Total time: 35 Min.
- 8 oz uncooked linguine.
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped.
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves.
- 6 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- 1/2 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, quartered.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise.
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 4 oz chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In Dutch oven or 4-quart saucepan, cook linguine to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix tomatoes, basil, 4 tablespoons of the oil, the salt and pepper; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the garlic. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place eggplant, bell pepper, summer squash and onion. Brush with oil-garlic mixture.
- Place eggplant, bell pepper, summer squash and onion pieces directly on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 12 minutes, turning frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Coarsely chop vegetables; add to tomato mixture. Add chèvre; mix gently.
- Drain linguine; place on serving platter. Top with vegetable mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- To broil, place vegetables on broiler pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using time provided above as a guide.
- Instead of the chèvre, use 4 oz of plain cream cheese, garlic-herb cream cheese, flavored feta cheese or blue cheese.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 550mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 7g), Protein 14g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:2 Starch;0 Fruit;1/2 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;2 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;1/2 High-Fat Meat;3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.