Servings # 4.
Number of ingredients: 5.
Prep time: 25 Min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix oil, peppered seasoned salt and cumin. Add onion; toss to coat.
- When grill is heated, with slotted spoon, place onion in grill basket (grill “wok”); reserve oil mixture in bowl to coat squash. Place basket on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals. Cook 10 minutes, turning basket occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add summer squash to reserved oil mixture in bowl; toss to coat.
- Place squash in basket with onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer, turning basket occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
No cumin or peppered seasoned salt in your spice rack? Use 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in place of the cumin and peppered seasoned salt.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:0 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.