Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Paired with simple ingredients like anchovies and red onion, this salad is sure to be a summer staple.
Ingredients of Grilled Romaine Salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut in half
- 1/4 cup red onion, julienned
- 10 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 white anchovy fillets, split
- olive oil
- sherry vinegar
- Pecorino cheese, grated
- Wash and clean romaine.
- Place romaine on grill over high heat and place a heavy weight on top. Grill for approximately 3 minutes to achieve grill lines.
- Cut lettuce into 2-inch chunks.
- Plate with tomatoes, red onion slices, and anchovies.
- Dress with olive oil and grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.