- 2 heads of radicchio, quartered, so that each quarter has a bit of the stem end holding it together
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more to coat radicchio
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- Pecorino or parmesan cheese for garnish
Directions for Grilled Radicchio Salad:
- Make the dressing. Put the salt, garlic, mustard and balsamic vinegar into a food processor or blender and pulse to combine. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil slowly until the dressing comes together.
- Prepare your grill for high, direct heat.
- Coat quartered radicchio with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill the radicchio over high heat, uncovered. Keep an eye on them, as they blacken quickly. You want a little blackening, but not a cinder. When they’re done, move to a bowl and bring inside to chop.
- Chop the radicchio quarters into bite-sized pieces and toss with the dressing and some black pepper.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, garnished with grated pecorino or parmesan cheese.