Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 4 Servings
Ingredients of Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad:
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- Cooking spray
Directions for Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad:
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill until serving.
- Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until tender. Spoon 1/2 cup tomato mixture into each mushroom cap.
1 serving equals 133 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Fresh Mozzarella Facts
Compared to the more firm texture of most commercially produced mozzarella, fresh mozzarella is soft and moist. The flavor is mild, delicate and somewhat milky. Fresh mozzarella is usually shaped into balls and stored in brine. After buying fresh mozzarella, it should be refrigerated in the brine and eaten within a few days.