Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients of Grilled portobello cheese”burger”:
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 small slices fresh mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole wheat buns
Directions for Grilled portobello cheese”burger”:
- Place mushrooms in a shallow, large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, basil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over mushroom caps, cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F. Grease grill grates with nonstick cooking spray. Place mushroom caps on the grill and brush with marinade. Cook for six to eight minutes on each side or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from heat, place cheese on top immediately and serve on a warm bun!