Serves 4 as a light lunch.
- 1 pkg (350g) Compliments Organic Portabello mushrooms
- 1 medium head radicchio, sliced into 8 wedges
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sensations by Complements Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted (or 1 T. capers)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 Complements French-Style loaf, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chevre or soft cheese of your choosing
- Brush mushrooms and radicchio lightly in olive oil and grill over medium heat until mushroom are soft and radicchio is wilted. Remove from grill and roughly chop.
- Transport to a bowl and add the olive oil, balsamic, olives and parsley. Toss together and season with salt and pepper.
- Butter bread lightly and grill until slightly charred. Transfer to a pizza pan or heatproof serving platter.
- Lower the heat on the grill.
- Mound radicchio & portabello mixture on top of grilled bread and dot with chevre.
- Place pan with bruschettas back on the grill and lower the lid of the barbeque. Turn off grill and allow the cheese to soften and the entire bruschetta to warm.
- Pour wine, serve bruschetta and enjoy!